Thursday, July 05, 2012


Elijah - Three Month Update

Eli’s second month of life was spent establishing an eating/nap schedule, working on stretching out the number of hours slept at night, and visiting family in Massachusetts (which will be a separate post).  We’re falling into the routine of life with a baby – although just when I start to gain some confidence, something changes!

We had a doctor’s appointment after our trip to Massachusetts, and at 12 weeks Eli weighed 15 pounds, 5 ounces and was 24.5 inches long.  That’s the 90th percentile for both!  He is a champ at holding his head up, is starting to reach out and grab things, and is just days away from rolling over.  He is NOT very fond of tummy time - maybe he’ll get the hang of rolling over soon so he won’t have to be on his stomach!  

Parenting is such an emotional roller coaster.  I find myself praying that he’ll sleep longer at night, then jumping out of bed at 2am, convinced that if he’s not crying, he’s not breathing.  One minute I’m overjoyed at a new milestone – a giggle, a new awareness of his environment – the next I find myself tearing up when clothes that fit him just last week are now too small.  Becoming a parent has also changed my perspective on many things – I never thought I would be HAPPY at the prospect of sleeping for 4 hours consecutively!  I realized just how much I’ve changed when I was talking to a college student and happily reported to him that Eli had slept from 8pm to 1am.  He looked at me quizzically and said, “And that’s….a good thing?”  Guess he’ll figure it out in a few years   :)

 Visiting GiGi at the quilt shop where she works.


Mike caught this sweet moment with my sweet boy!


Glad I have my iPhone to catch little cute moments!


 Eli and I went to my mom’s house to make jam with my cousins.  Yum!


Visiting with Cousin April must be tiring!

No comments: