Thursday, April 26, 2012


It’s hard to believe that Elijah is three weeks old today – I know why people tell you not to blink when raising a child!  Already he has grown and changed so much.  He is becoming more alert and will turn his head towards a noise, especially my voice.  I told Mike a few days ago that part of me wishes he could stay like this forever, but really I enjoy watching him grow and change too.

Nursing is going well – I’ve found that it’s a bit like riding a bike.  At first everything was so complicated, and I had to put a lot of thought into making it work, but already I’m a lot better at it, and am starting to be able to do it without thinking about it.

Elijah is a good little baby – he is a good sleeper (for a newborn!) and already tends to sleep in a 3-4 hour stretch at night.  He likes to be held a lot, and we’re still figuring out how to use the many infant carriers we have and keep him happy in them.  

I love being a mom.  I love that there are times when only I can make it better.  I love when he looks me right in the face and stares into my eyes.  I am so grateful for every moment with my little boy!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jacki,

I love following your birth story and how Eli is growing. It is like an adventure. Keep the story coming.

Love, Grandma

Dee said...

Sweet picture! Can't wait to meet him in person.