Thursday, March 29, 2012

Week 36

I never realized just how hard it is to sleep at this stage.  Of course I knew that sleep would be a rare commodity AFTER the baby gets here – and if I didn’t know that, I have an abundance of people who are eager to remind me of that fact.   [Pushes sarcasm button] - who knew that newborns didn’t sleep though the night??? 

Nursery pictures:

 
We’re doing Eric Carle decorations – an author best known for books such as The Very Hungry Caterpillar and Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?  All we’ve done so far is buy a book of tear-out art from his books and a set of ABC cards that Mike painstakingly hung on the wall.  This is where I’m glad that ONE of us is so exacting and precise, because it would NOT have looked as good if I had done it!  All that measuring would have made me want to lie down.  The focal wall in the nursery is still blue from its days as a guest room, but that is fine with us. 

 37 Weeks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your baby's room decorations. They look great, and so do you!!

I love you so much,
Grandma Lynda

Dee said...

I remember towards the end, I slept propped up on the sofa a lot. Just the little bit of "sitting up" seemed to allow me to breath a little better.

Funny thing is ... I STILL sleep on the sofa when I have a restless night. Don't know what it is about the sofa, but it works. LOL

The nice thing about Eric Carle as your decor --- it will last several years since it's not so "baby-baby".