Saturday, February 18, 2012

Week 31

I can now differentiate between different types of movements that the baby does.  When I first wake up in the morning they are very short and choppy, as if he is hungry and ready for some food!  And boy oh boy do I EAT in the morning – this morning I had scrambled eggs, oatmeal, 2 slices of watermelon, a glass of juice, and a glass of milk!  Other times it seems that he gets into an uncomfortable position and needs to move – this is where things get a little uncomfortable, because he has gotten into the habit of pushing what must be his elbow in a very sharp, jabbing movement that always catches me off guard.  I used to feel a lot of flipping and turning motions, but not as much anymore…it must be getting crowded in there!  He seems to be spending a lot of time transverse (horizontally), which is not very comfortable for either of us it seems.  Sleeping on my back became out of the question months ago, and now he usually won’t let me sleep on my left side.  It must squish him, because he kicks the bed VERY hard and won’t stop until I flip over!  Which these days takes quite a bit of effort!  For the first time this week his kicking actually woke me up while I was sleeping.

Our minds are starting to look beyond the pregnancy and into what it will be like to have a baby in the house.  We can’t wait to meet our little boy!

 32 weeks!

1 comment:

Dee said...

Sounds like you might have a very determined little boy. LOL

I remember one time I thought Stephen grabbed hold of a rib! YIKES did THAT hurt. I swear I felt it twang back into place.

Stephen was up all night and slept all day in utero --- guess what, he's STILL like that.