Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Week 28

We've been having unseasonably warm temperatures for this time of year, even for Florida.  Right now I have the windows open in the house, enjoying the breeze before it gets hot again!  Of course when the baby gets here he will have cousins who live in Massachusetts to visit, so he will get his education on what snow is like. 


This week was the famous glucose test, which we passed with flying colors, hooray!  My iron levels were a little below normal, but they were not concerned except to suggest a few diet additions.  I have been rocking the green smoothies!  Sometimes I think my blood pressure does weird things.  Like when I stand up sometimes I feel lightheaded, and bending over takes a fair amount of planning. 


One thing that has been a bit of a challenge for me is finding comfortable ways to SLEEP.  At this point, back and stomach sleeping positions are out, and lately sleeping on my side hasn't been very comfortable either.  I wake up soon after falling asleep with that oh-my-goodness-I-can't-sleep feeling, like there's pressure on my lungs.  Not a surprise, since this baby is carrying very high.  But then a spontaneous trip to Goodwill resulted in my new best friend - a wedge pillow!  It's made of soft foam in the shape of a triangular prism, and I can sleep at enough of an incline to be able to breathe, but still be comfortable.  The only thing is, poor Raven the cat has gotten used to sleeping on my stomach throughout the night, but that is getting to be too much.  I have enough going on in that area, I don't need a 12-pound cat adding to it!  But she's quickly realized that she can sleep in my lap and still keep watch over the baby by wedging herself right up against my stomach.  Silly cat!


 We're right in the middle of a major overhaul of everything we own in our house, so that's what I've been doing with a lot of my time.  Of course this all started when we realized that we were losing an entire room's worth of storage when the baby comes.  It was quite daunting at first, but now we're seeing some progress in areas that we've always wanted to improve upon.  A place for everything, and everything in its place!  I am becoming a fiend with my label maker! 
 

29 Weeks!



1 comment:

Lynn said...

I dont know if its the angle of the picture or what but you look like you've popped out a bit!!!! Maybe the baby just shifted but you are SO pregnant!!! And looking fabulous as always. Glad you passed your glucose test, I always felt that if I wasnt diabetic before it, I would be after it!!! YUCK!!!!