Wednesday, December 28, 2011

23 Weeks

Big news this week is, Mike was finally in the right place at the right time and felt the baby kick!  He has been trying in vain for about 2 weeks now, but the baby never felt like moving much when his daddy was around!   Then Mike decided to just rest his hand on my belly while we were watching TV and I was doing my usual “Did you feel that one?  How about that one?”  Finally there came a really strong one, and Mike’s face immediately lit up.  He had this huge smile on his face, it was so cute!  He was also able to feel a big kick when we went to a movie later in the week – apparently the baby is a fan of Sherlock Holmes, because he was the most active he’s been so far!


This week I have a story that I like to file under “Sometimes kids know how to act better than adults.”  I was waiting to see the chiropractor (this baby will NOT get off my sciatic nerve!)  and I was sitting near a little girl who looked to be about 8 years old and her mom.  I took a brief phone call in which of course I talked about baby-related things, and when I got off the phone the mother kindly asked me when I was due.  The little girl’s face immediately lit up, and she said, “Oh, I was wondering if you were….ya know…but I didn’t want to be rude and ask you!”  I ended up having a lovely conversation with her – it’s always nice to meet a well-mannered child!
Contrast that with this story: I was standing in the driveway talking to Mike and my dad, and a lady that we don’t really know who lives in our neighborhood walks by with her dog.  She abruptly asks me “Are you pregnant?!?”  She sounded more accusatory than curious.  I put on my best smile and said yes, and she said……….[get ready]…….”Oh, I thought it might be the way you were standing.”    Well then WHY would you even ask???  Some people just don’t USE the BRAIN in their SKULL!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

How could you possibly stand in such a way to make your stomach stick out that much???? OMG some ppl are pathetic. and yes if she DID think it was the way you were standing, then stay quiet!!!

Very nice that the little girl stayed quiet. You cant always guarantee they will and I'd be more willing to take the comment from a kid who may not know better than an adult who SHOULD.

SO happy Mike got to feel the baby kick.

Dee said...

Baby kicks --- definitely one of the "funnest" parts of being pregnant.

I remember reading a magazine one night and having it propped on my tummy when Stephen must have rolled over. Steve was amazed that the magazine moved so much.

Then there are hiccups --- has little guy had hiccups yet????? It is so silly feeling you just have to laugh.