Monday, November 14, 2011

Week 17

I woke up on Monday of week 17 and WOW!  The belly popped!  I’m starting to get a blocked view of my feet!
The big news this week is…it’s a BOY!  Mollie and Amanda got to reveal the big news on Facebook after we let family know.


I posted this picture with the caption “We are wearing BLUE because we're excited to be getting a little brother in April! That's right, it's a BOY!!”  And yes, behind the camera I am holding up a treat to get them to sit STILL – I’m not above bribery!
We went for our ultrasound one day shy of the 18 week mark.  We were lucky and grateful that Mike got to come, too, although they made him sit in the waiting room for the first part!  They got all the diagnostic stuff out of the way, then Mike got to come back while we tried to get the baby to show off the goods  :)    I was getting a little worried after a few minutes, but then the tech said that he already knew what it was and he just wanted us to see it for ourselves.  Almost immediately after, baby Wolfe finally gave in and let us see!  I knew right away, and the tech said “As you can see, little girls don’t have a third leg, so it’s a BOY!”
We’ve been asked a lot whether we were hoping for a boy or a girl, and I’ve always felt that we waited a long time for this baby, and were hoping more for it to be healthy than for one sex or the other.  But it *is* nice to finally know!  I can’t wait to start decorating the nursery!  Since we’ve found out I’ve found myself having moments where I get excited out of the blue and feel like jumping up and down (if my stupid back would let me, that is!)  I keep repeating over and over in my head “It’saBOYit’saBOYit’saBOY!!”  
 18 week belly shot
Here is Miss Mollie and I spending some quality time together.  She is not usually very cuddly, and is the only animal that seems to be pretty much oblivious to how her world is going to change around the middle of April!

1 comment:

Dee said...

I said it before, but I'll say it again ... congrats!

It's funny because I saw something in the store and bought it even before you knew. I just had to get blue. Now ... it will be just right.