Wednesday, November 23, 2011

18 weeks

Last week was big because we found out we’re having a little BOY….this week we hit another milestone when I started feeling movement!  For a few weeks now I’ve been in that in-between stage, where it’s impossible to tell if it’s the baby or just a tummy rumble, but this week they gradually got more defined.  By the middle of the week I was pretty sure it was baby, and towards the end of the week I finally had one where I was confident that it was indeed our little guy.  That one felt exactly like a little tiny nudge from the inside, but most of them don’t feel like what I was expecting at all!  Sometimes they feel like bubbles popping in my stomach, sometimes it’s more like my stomach does a flip-flop.  But really they are a feeling like no other, I don’t feel like I can accurately describe what they feel like to someone who’s never felt it!  I am still learning to recognize what they are, so they can be a little disconcerting at first – like WHOA what was THAT?  It sometimes takes me a second to realize that it must be the little guy practicing his dance moves!  I have a feeling that this is going to be one active baby!  My mom tells me that I was much more active than my brother during this time, so I guess I shouldn’t be surprised!  The ultrasound techs have told us that he is also very active too.

 
19 week belly.  Hair is growing too!

No comments: