Saturday, October 01, 2011

Week 11

Aversions: pretty much everything.

Symptoms: Let’s just say it’s been a rough week and leave it at that.  My goal has been to just keep going and not let it stop me as much as possible.

Bump Check:

I really like my bump.  I haven’t been comfortable in anything but loose shirts up until now, but it’s prominent enough to start showing it off a little now!  I’m wearing nothing but maternity bottoms now, which I didn’t expect this early.

We had our first appointment on Monday at the place where we’ll be delivering.  They tried to listen to the heartbeat with a Doppler machine, but unfortunately the baby was stubborn (already!) and wasn’t going to make an appearance.  Even though I had already read that being unable to find the heartbeat with a Doppler is very common at this stage, of course it was still worrisome!  They sent me for an ultrasound the next day, and while I tried not to worry, it was such a relief to see this picture!


It was amazing to see the movement!  I swear I saw a Gator chomp at one point.  We also got to hear the heartbeat.  The way he/she measured that day put the EDD at April 17th – my birthday!  But my health practitioner prefers to stick with the original due date (the 14th) because it tends to be the most accurate. 
 

2 comments:

Dee said...

Glad you got to see the little one.

Lynn said...

We had the same issue with Meghan. Because of the way my uterus tilts, we couldnt hear the heartbeat until I was 14weeks with Billy. I wasnt worried abt not hearing the heartbeat until the dr wanted to do the u/s which of course had me totally stressed and every horrible thought played out in my mind!!! My due date with Meghan was 1/19, the u/s put her at 1/20 and she came out 1/21 so it was all pretty accurate!

Glad you got to see your little munchkin!!!!