Monday, May 10, 2010

Living in the Land of Old People

A few days ago Mike and I went to a restaurant in town, and I just had to share a few of the gems I overheard at dinner.  Now, you must understand that since we live in Florida, the average age of a person in our town is approximately 186.  Seriously, when I walk into Publix, I am usually the youngest shopper in there by 40 years or so.  Anyhoo, old people can be cranky and hilarious, and these two gents were both.  They reminded me a lot of another dynamic duo:

 Here's a little snippet of their conversation, whom I will call Statler and Waldorf:

Statler: WHEN CAROL AND I WANTED TO GET MARRIED, THAT PREACHER TOLD US HE WANTED US TO GO TO PRE-MARITAL COUNSELING.  I TOLD HIM, "WHY WOULD WE NEED THAT??  WE'VE BOTH BEEN MARRIED TWICE BEFORE, WE KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT BEING MARRIED!
[note: this guy is ever-so-slightly deaf]

Waldorf: So did you have to get a notary public?

Statler: A NON-REPUBLICAN?  OF COURSE NOT, I VOTED FOR McCAIN!  IN FACT, I ASKED THAT NOTARY PUBLIC IF HE WAS A REPUBLICAN BEFORE HE MARRIED US!

-----------------------------------------------

You can't make this stuff up!!

No comments: