Friday, April 09, 2010

Ya Gotta Love Living in Florida.

I am busy squeezing every moment of enjoyment out of my last few days of Spring Break, and when I came home from eating lunch with some family, I saw a very statuesque Morgan awaiting my arrival:

She was gazing intently at something.


Then she made this face.  I think this is my new favorite picture of her.  No, my new favorite picture ever.  I laughed a lot.

She was not amused.


Then I realized WHAT she was looking at:


Hoo Boy - a Brown Recluse?  Maybe?  I couldn't decide.  So I turned to the handy dandy Interwebs to do some quick research.

You can see a web in this picture, and that confused me further, because I didn't think that brown recluses spun webs.  Turns out they DO, but they're used more for "dens" than for catching prey [ain't the Internet great?]   So then I had to decide if that looked more like a den then a web.  After looking more at the body shape, I decided I had better put away the camera and get out the insect spray.  I hate unnecessarily killing any creature, but when I did an image search for the Brown Recluse, I got a bunch of results of Brown Recluse BITE WOUNDS...wowee wow wow I want to avoid that!





I'm just glad this little goofball didn't get ahold of it!  Now I just need to think of a funny caption so she can make another appearance on ICanHasCheezburger!

3 comments:

Dave & Emily Cook said...

And who sir, iz you, sir?
(or something else from Alice in Wonderland. maybe something the Cheshire Cat actually says)

Lynn said...

OMG this is hysterical!!! And could that just be a brown jumping spider??? We get a lot of them here.

Jacki said...

I was afraid of that, but have you ever seen pictures of brown recluse wounds? Definitely something I'd like to avoid!