Thursday, April 08, 2010

Some Advice for your Birthday

Yesterday was my big brother David's birthday, and since he is all the way in Kentucky, I thought I would do the same thing for him that I do for my students.  We have a shelf of special "birthday books" in our classroom, and when a student is celebrating a birthday, he or she gets to choose a book off the shelf for Mrs. Wolfe to read.  This book is one of the most popular, and it features some good advice, so here ya go, Dave:



Happy birthday man.  I wish I could give you a birthday hug along with your birthday story.

5 comments:

phyl said...

That was soooo cute!!

Dave & Emily Cook said...

I knew something was missing at Chick-Fil-A on Wednesday. If only I had come in riding my new elephant.

Vicky said...

DAvid would have wrapped the elephant in duct tape, and I bet the package would have made it!

Emily said...

You have mastered reading AND showing all the pictures. This is such a talent! In about 2 years we will need all of your best book recommendations!

Jacki said...

Glad everyone enjoyed it. I found it much harder than I expected to turn on my "teacher voice" without kids in the
vicinity. Oh and Em, I've got ya covered on book recommendations - I LOVE kids books!