Thursday, March 11, 2010

Musings - Life in 2010 So Far

These last few months have been weird.  I feel like I've been determined to just live a normal life - get a decent night's sleep, go to work, make dinner, keep the house relatively clean, and wake up the next day and do it all over again.  I've been doing a pretty good job of just living, but I don't feel like I'm doing much more than that.  Countless times I've sat down at the computer to update my blog, only to stare at the blank screen and eventually give up.  But then again living a normal life can be a blessing!  Since Terri passed away I've been walking around in a cloud and the reality of what happened hits me all over again sometimes - last week at church I just could not hold it together when the first worship song came on.  But while life is returning to a somewhat normal state for me, I am so saddened when I think about how the Fordham family's new journey is just beginning.

Lent is going pretty good.  It's not as hard as I thought it would be to eat at restaurants, and I don't miss meat as much as I thought I would.  The family has been very supportive, especially Mike.  I feel bad sometimes because this was my decision, not theirs, but it affects them too because they love me and want to accomodate me.  But what I love is the feeling I get when I leave a restaurant and I have stuck to what I believe in.  I've also noticed that I very rarely overeat now, whether at home or out.  Maybe it's because I pay that much more attention to what I'm eating now.

Mike and I are going to a Randy Travis concert this weekend at Silver Spring, and I am way more excited than any adult should be.  I told my family at dinner tonight that if I get to meet him, I will wet my pants.  I got the concert tickets for Christmas and the VIP passes for Valentine's Day, so it's safe to say that I've been looking forward to this for awhile!  I'm determined that I will get a picture of myself out of this weekend, thought, whether or not Randy Travis is in it with me.  I was going through my pictures taken so far this year, and I noticed that I have taken all of maybe 20 pictures in 2010, and I am in NONE of them.  Photographer syndrome strikes again!  So hopefully after this weekend I will be posting some pictures of myself...from the waist-up, so the wet spot on my pants won't show!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Have fun at the concert!!! And wear Depends, just in case!!! LOL