Sunday, March 14, 2010

Forever and Ever, Amen...

That is how long I have been a fan of Randy Travis.  Literally as long as I can remember.   When I was little my family went camping in the Smokies and he was giving a concert in an outdoor arena close to our campground.  We sat outside the arena and listened to the concert, and ever since then I have wanted to go to a Randy Travis concert for real.  So yesterday when we went to his concert at Silver Springs, I was more than a little excited.  And I wasn't disappointed - what a great concert!



He really was an excellent performer.  And I am happy to report that his jokes have improved over the last 20 years....marginally.





His band was awesome, too - he seems to have a great relationship with all of them.  The shortest amount of time he had worked with any of them was 7 years!




As great as the band was, the songs he played all by himself were amazing.


Probably my favorite picture.


What a great day!  I really am so blessed to have been able to share such a special day with my husband!

No comments: