Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Catching Up



There has been a lack of real, actual, informative posts on this blog as of late. Mostly they are posts like, "here are some pictures from this thing we did last week, along with some cute comments about my puppy." I have a lot of excuses as to why this is, none of them very interesting. So, here is a collection of random updates on mi vida loca:




  • Nils went home a week after school let out. I already alluded to this before. Holy crud I miss that kid. BUT we are visiting him in Germany later this month! We are SO excited! I have been reading all about Germany and doing lots of planning, but I've pretty much given up trying to pronounce German words correctly. My tongue just does not bend that way!

  • I am having way too much fun this summer. I really, really needed a break from school - those last few weeks were pure survival. I am a little concerned about the way I have completely disconnected from anything academia-related, though. There were days in the beginning when all I did was watch I Love Lucy reruns. All questions directed towards me were answered in the form of either single words or grunts. I didn't even shave my legs. But I have to bring my critical thinking skills out of hiding this week, because I am taking a course for credit towards a certification I must earn for teaching. Which is EXACTLY the way I want to spend my summer! Yes, my attitude sucks, why do you ask???

  • I still miss Sophie. A lot. Especially at night. During the last several months of her life, when we knew our time with her could be cut short at any moment, she always slept in a ball right near me, so I could fall asleep touching her. And I always made sure to tell her how much I loved her and thank the Lord for one more day with her. I would think about an old Diamond Rio song sometimes:

One more day, One more time.


One more sunset, baby, I'd be satisfied.


But then again, I know what it would do.


Leave me wishin' still for one more day with you.


Sigh. Why do animals have to leave us? I miss Howie, too - I visit him when I take Mollie outside in the morning. The vines Mike planted above him are flourishing.



  • We got a Wii Fit, and I LOVE it! I am just not the type of person to go to a gym. It really shows you how to do the exercises correctly, and it has lots of things you can do, so I don't get bored. So far I have been gaining weight since I started, despite doing 3o minutes a day, but I definitely feel better. Hopefully the scale will start going DOWN soon so the program will stop yelling at me! I tell you it can be brutal sometimes!
  • My toenails are nasty.
  • I need a haircut.
  • It's raining.
  • I need to stop this post, now.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Well if your toenails are nasty and you need a haircut, I think you need to schedule a spa day immediately!! Then you can do the academic stuff.

I hear you abt missing pets. When my Sheba died I was really sad for a week. REALLY sad. Then a month later I thought I heard her meow and I bent down to pet her. Hmph. She's been gone over 3 years now, but it doesn't feel that long and I still miss her.