Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tomatoes, Tomatoes, Tomatoes!!

For someone who doesn't like raw tomatoes, I sure do grow a lot of them! But Mike eats them raw and has been enjoying snacking on them, and if I can ever stop making salsa, I'm going to try my hand at making a tomato sauce.



Yesterday's harvest. I wish Mike had thought to mark which the plants when he put them in the ground so I could tell you what varieties these are, but we planted mostly heirlooms.

Veggie bowling, anyone?

Some of them were picked green because I've been having problems with this variety splitting. I am in love with the teardrop shape of these guys!

2 comments:

Dee said...

Oh yum...I love homegrown tomatoes.

Debbie gave me some before she left for NC. I'm sure by now the heat has taken hold of her poor plants. Her tomatoes were small, but VERY tasty.

I love a slice of tomato, slice of fresh mozzarella, fresh basil leaves with a splash of balsamic vinegar.

This is one of the best things about summer --- that and fresh corn!

Jacki said...

Oh I agree about the corn, Dee!