Friday, June 26, 2009



Howard - Little Piggie, Big Attitude.





I am very sad to announce the passing of a valued member of our household, Howard the Guinea Pig. On Wednesday I suspected that his body was starting to shut down, and I did the best I could to make him comfortable. True to his piggie name, he still ate all the veggies I offered him. When I found him, he appeared to have just gone to sleep and never woken back up. I am so glad that he was a part of my life, even if I had never planned to have a Guniea Pig. I have always been more of a dog and cat person, but Howie was so unique, and had such a big attitude for such a little thing! He lived to be six, which is OLD in piggie years

Chowing down on a carrot, his favorite treat.



He had many homes, starting with the nature center in the camp I worked at in college, then lived with my mom for several years, with intermittent stops at babysitter Dee's house. He had them both trained by squealing loudly any time either of them opened the fridge door in order to get a treat, but oddly enough knew not to do it with the husbands - or me, for that matter. I guess he knew we weren't softies!!

When Mike and I moved into our first house two years ago, he came to live with us. We have enjoyed sharing our home with such a funny, unique little guy!
He is now buried beneath our bedroom window, keeping company with some vining plants. Rest in Peace, Howard!

1 comment:

Dee said...

He had such a BEAUTIFUL face.