Monday, February 02, 2009

Changes in Altitude, Changes in Attitude...

I flew on a glider this weekend. Yes, me. The girl who has gotten motion sickness on airplanes. And the ocean. And lakes. And I didn't even need to use the puke bag!


Getting strapped in...


I look like I'm just starting to realize what I got myself into...

One second I'm on the ground, like any perfectly sane person would be, and the next I'm sitting in an vehicle that has NO ENGINE being pulled behind an airplane. And mind you, there was no safety course, no "here's the parachute, good luck..." I didn't even realize there was a puke bag until we were landing!

Taking off!



County Road 561 from a new angle...



Land that I Love...


My mother and dear husband are the tiny dots on the ground.



Taken from the ground as we were getting ready to land...I was turning a little green at this point, and was glad we were landing!




"I made it!"


So the real question is..."Would you put your hands in the life of this guy?" Cause I did!! I'm I had a lot of fun!!

2 comments:

Dee said...

Congratulations.

Glad you made it safely back to terra firma.

Lynn said...

That was a GLIDER?!? OMG!!!! Ok what possessed you to do this? The IO went up in a plane the size of what pulled you and there is NO way I'd do that either! I have a hard enough time in a 727!

Wow, I'm impressed. But you're still insane!