Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Christmas Day

We went to my mom's house on Christmas Day and had a great time!

Instead of buying Christmas gifts for every family member, we do a "White Elephant" gift exchange - aka Yankee Swap, Dirty Santa, etc. It's always a fun time!

"Whiiiiiiiiiiiich one?"

A family friend brought her grandson over. The poor kid just did not understand the concept of White Elephant!
Eventually he gave up and tried making friends with Sophie...

...pretty soon he was using Nil's foot as a pillow and having a philosophical conversation with her...
...and soon after that Sophie decided to find an escape.

My brother fell for the "girly gift in a manly bag" trick!





We brought our Wii with us, and just like I thought, it was a lot of fun.


My little cousin picked up Wii bowling almost instantly.
He and Mike played a round - guess who won...
I got a lot of "celebration shots":








1 comment:

Nery1202 said...

You guys got the Wii! That's awesome. We got the Wii fit for Christmas and its GREAT!

I hope all is well. I can see teaching has taken a toll on you but yo def do seem happy!

I've been meaning to call you but I always get unsecure since I don't know your schdule and we've never really chitchatted...lol

Lets try to GTG soon!