Wednesday, September 03, 2008

The Real Florida

We took advantage of the Labor Day holiday to experience the "Real Florida" with Nils. To me, this is the real Florida: no timeshares, no Mickey Mouse ears, no fat guys in Speedos....

So we grabbed out fishing poles and the dog to find the perfect fishing spot.

Sophie did not think too much of traipsing through the grass and eventually decided to guard the car instead.


She did indulge me in posing for a few pictures:

My favorite

This butterfly also caught my eye, although he wasn't quite as patient as Sophie:

....almost...


...THERE it is!



I've learned that Nils takes better candids than posed pictures.



Like this one - I think it's one of my new favorites!




Or this one - click on it so you can get a load of the look on his face.


Like I said, no Mickey Mouse ears....
....no overpriced condos....
....and absolutely NO speedos!!

3 comments:

Dee said...

The last picture of Sophie looks like she is asking if you are finished yet.

Looks like Nils is getting to see the "real" Florida.

So, I guess the big question is ... did he catch anything? And...did you cook it up?

Jacki said...

alas, we have yet to catch anything.

Stuart said...

Great pics, Sophie is the best dog ever!