Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The New Mexico Files: Friday, July 11th, 2008

We're getting down to the wire! The wedding is tomorrow, and the bride is still remarkably calm. The girls took her into Santa Fe for brunch, where I had the most delicious raspberry/blueberry crepe:




















I don't know why, but Blogger keeps downloading the picture sideways. So just turn your computer 90 degrees to the right and start drooling.







the girls - the bride is fourth from the left.
After brunch, we ran some wedding errands, at which point we all got a little stressed. If you've ever tried to make last-minute preparations for a wedding with eight women, I don't recommend it. Too many cooks, or something like that.....

But on a positive note, I did get to see a Trader Joe's for the first time in my life while hunting for flowers. Santa Fe has a Trader Joe's right across the street from a Whole Foods...I could totally live here!!
Here's one of the Samson kids, who decided she wanted to have her picture taken with the strangest person in a banana suit I have ever met. And that's saying a lot....




After all that fun, we went to rehearsal, then ate dinner prepared by the lovely ladies at the church. Pictures:















After the rehearsal, the whole famn-damily went out to the Overlook for some pictures. With all those people milling around, I figured SOMEONE was going over the edge, but we all managed to take about a thousand pictures without any bloodshed. The professional photographer was there, but I got some pictures of my own as well. This is one of my favorite pictures from the whole trip:














Tomorrow: the REAL test of our sanity: the WEDDING!!

1 comment:

Kimmie said...

Just wanted to say thanks Jacki for the pirate info...we can have peace once again as we ride to swim lessons. ;-) Well, as much peace as you can get with 5 children under the age of 9.

Your wedding looks fun...though the banana guy is my favorite.

thanks again!

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted