Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I have been severly neglecting my blogging duties as of late, and for that I apologize. I'll give you an overview of what's been happening in my life lately, then fill with a few detailed posts later on:



1) We've been babysitting my cousin's dog while she is on vacation. Nitro is hyper and slightly annoying, yet lovable. He is the polar opposite of mellow Sophie!


2) I had a cross-stitch finish! I had to put aside my main project (which I'm starting to believe I will never, ever finish) and make a small present for a friend who got married. It's a soda can holder (or beer, whichever you prefer!)

I wanted to show you a before-and-after picture so you can see what backstitching (outlining) does for a piece:





What a difference, huh? Now it's back to the never-ending 30th anniversary present for my parents (who just happened to recently celebrate their thirty-FIRST anniversary!)


3) Mike and I just got back from a trip to New Mexico to see my cousin get married, and we had a great time. Many more details to come!!



1 comment:

Dee said...

Cute can cozy!

Glad you had a good time in New Mexico. Can't wait to see the pictures.