Saturday, July 05, 2008

Fourth of July

Thank you to all of you for your kind words regarding my family. I have my moments, but for the most part I'm doing okay. Yesterday we went to Mount Dora to celebrate the Fourth, then to my parents house for dinner. We had lunch at the Frosty Mug, Mount Dora's best (and only) Icelandic pub.

We love the atmosphere of this place! And their fish and chips ain't bad either!



The crepe myrtles were blooming beautifully:



There was a bluegrass-style quartet that we enjoyed watching:



Later we went to my parent's house to have dinner with them and my grandmother. After a delicious steak dinner in which I made the dessert, we went to Lake David in Groveland to watch the fireworks and the sunset:













Check out my food blog for a look at the delicious Lemon Curd Trifle with Fresh Berries I made - a delicious recipe!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

It's really sad when I love down the street frm that restaurant and Ithought it was still Eduardo's!! We went there once many MANY moons ago and thought it was just really yucky so we've never given it a second glance. I'll have to now!!!!
It's really too bad I don't work in Mt Dora. I always seem to know the place better where I work than where I live....