Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Who's Hotter?

Go to this website and look at the picture of the winner of the UK show Make Me a Supermodel. Then scroll down a little and look at the runner-up. Tell me who you think is more attractive: the radiant, confident, size-12 winner or the skeletal size 00 runner-up?

I agree!!

So tell me, why was the winner scrutinized for being "too fat"? I know, I know models are supposed to be "hangers" for the designer's clothes, but I think Ms. Size 12 said it all: "Boys, who would you rather snuggle up to?"

I have a lot of problems with the fashion industry, and this is one of them. It's gone way too far - being severly overweight is not healthy, but neither is being a walking skeleton.

I applaud people like Jen Hunter who are courageous enough to stand up to the fashion industry's unrealistic standards. I honestly don't know if I would be able to do the same.

2 comments:

Dee said...

The runner-up is postively scary!

You could get HURT on those bones!

Lynn said...

Its unbelieveable the difference in girls. The size 12 looks SO good! Reminded me of a throwback to Marilyn Monroe. The skinny girl looked like she just came out of a famine.