Tuesday, May 06, 2008

In the Garden


Starting off with orchids:


My Epidemdrum Radicans from Dee is still flowering! And his roots are really growing, too!

Moving on to food:
Patio Princess Tomatoes

I've been very pleased with their performance! Now if they would just hurry up and ripen!



I decided to try my hand at container gardening some herbs. I don't really know what I'm doing, but this one is Armenian basil, rosemary, and parsely. We'll see what happens!


Green Bell Pepper



Banana Pepper - good in salsa!



On to flowers:

Zinnia




Morning Glory



And finally, my front yard:



I can't believe we've been here for a year! We still feel so blessed to have our own home - it wasn't easy to save for it while still in college, but it was worth it! Sometimes I still walk through our space and think "this is ours!" Yes, some of our neighbors are a little strange, but at least we don't share walls with them anymore!
I have another picture of an orchid I wanted to share, but Blogger crapped out on me last-minute, so I'll try again later!

2 comments:

Dee said...

Your vegetables look GREAT!!!

Our pepper plants are really having trouble with this dry weather. Right now both are just setting blossoms again. I'm hoping they won't all drop with the heat and no rain.

Kathleen said...

wow, nice flowers!! i think i'm going to get 1 or 2 for my window. maybe i won't kill this set like the last one... oops!

btw, it was also a year ago that it was all your fault that aaron and i met! :-D