Sunday, April 13, 2008

In the Garden


My garden is going swimmingly! My newest orchid, which Mike helped me attach to a piece of cypress, has taken well to his new home and has even started blooming! It's got several spikes, so it should be blooming for a long time to come.
I love the pink-tinged blooms. He's related to my mom's big orchid, which I am babysitting:


My epidendrum radicans is blooming, too! I love how the leaves are a lovely green and the stem is purple.
Onto the peppers, which are growing like crazy. My peppers are another example of a gardening attempt that didn't go so well the first time but is going great this time. I have a banana pepper, which has several blooms and one that has come to fruit:

I also have a green bell pepper plant, which has TWO peppers, one of which will be ready very soon! Salsa, anyone? I can't wait!









Onions! Some of them will be pulled up for green onions, and some of them will be full-sized. Along with the lettuce that's next to it, we'll have a wonderful salad!
It's so fulfilling to watch things grow, I can't even explain it.

1 comment:

Dee said...

It's great that you have a garden area within the screen. I have two TINY planters, but they already have palm trees in them.

We have two pepper plants in pots in the front yard. One is "the hottest pepper in the world" -- Bhut joloki (or something like that) and an Indian Jalapeno. Both are FINALLY doing well.