Tuesday, April 22, 2008

...My brain is starting to work again...

Last week was my birthday, which you already knew. However, a lot more happened than just turning 23 - I did my internship for school, as well as helped with the major meeting at the family business. After last week, it took me the entire weekend and most of Monday to get my brain back on track. It just plain stopped working - I forgot to answer emails, return phone calls...sometimes I couldn't even remember my own name. Luckily, my host teacher provided me with this lovely birthday hat to refer to:


photo taken approx. one second before Brooklyn springboarded from my arms

The preschoolers loved it, but thankfully Ms. Ed let me take it off before my observation began. Last week, I dealt with potty accidents, puke, total and complete emotional breakdowns, an overflowing toilet, runny noses, and boogers...I definitely got an idea of what being a preschool teacher is like! I think I realized that there are pros and cons to whatever age I wind up with. My host teacher was absolutely phenomonal, and I learned SO much. It was exhausting, but a great experience.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I'm so excited for you! Sorry I never called you back, but I'm so glad that you liked your flowers! I hope you had a really great birthday.