Monday, March 31, 2008



Did You Know...

You can recycle smoke detectors? You may be thinking, "sure, why not?" but be honest, if you for some reason had to get rid of one, where would it go? If you're like me, it would probably just get tossed. Recycling may or may not cross your mind, but again, if you're like me, you would decide against it, because you're not sure how to go about getting it recycled and you're too lazy to call your Waste Management office, only to be put on hold for an obsecene amount of time.

Where am I going with all this? I found a really cool website that I just had to share with you! Earth911.org has, among other cool things, a search engine where you can find recycling centers near you for just about anything you can imagine. If you can put it in your curbside bin for pickup, it will tell you. If there's a special place you need to bring it, it'll tell you that, too. Cool, huh? I plan on visiting often.


You're welcome! :)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'll have to check it out! I know a lot of what I throw away can be recycled, but sometimes I just close my eyes and toss it. I bet it wouldn't be that hard ...