Monday, February 25, 2008
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
I am doing a project for a boy named James who lives in Washington state. His dad, Stuart, is a bloggy friend of mine. James read the book Flat Stanley and decided that he, too, would like to see the world. If you would like to show Flat James your part of the world, mosey on over to his dad's blog and he will help you out. Flat James and I have been busy the last few days...
First, my friend Dee taught Flat James to knit in Orlando.
Then, Flat James took a look at greater Orlando. He said it was hot for February.
Flat James and I have a few more places to visit, then I'll be sending the pictures to the real James. Flat James has asked to stay with me as a reminder of one of the cutest kids in the world.
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Friday, February 15, 2008
Morgan and Brooklyn have been having the time of thier lives on the porch, especially when mommy decided it's time to come in and they don't want to! After a few days of chasing them around, I finally decided to quit playing that game. Now, I call them once, wait, and shut the door.
Here I am with my Valentine - a loaf of handmade, French bread I made for fondue last night.
I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day, spent with those you love, romantically or otherwise. Check my food blog later today to see the dinner I made for my REAL Valentine!
Monday, February 11, 2008
These were the words Mike said to me after we decided to let the cats go out on the porch. He was referring, of course, to one of the animals winding up in the pool. He was right. And it was hilarious.
We decided to start opening the sliding glass door because there is little opportunity for airflow in our house without it. We made sure the porch was locked down on Saturday, then opened the door. The cats were very hesitant at first, expecting to be scolded at any moment. Neither of them made it more than two feet from the door that first day, but by this afternoon, they were having the time of their lives out there.
Maybe a little too much! Mike saw it actually happen - apparently, they were playing, and Morgan jumped back...right into the pool.
Sophie was watching the whole business from the other side of the pool, and decided to check out her wet sister. Unfortunately, she forgot to go AROUND the pool, and literally walked right in! Now, you must know that Sophie hates the pool even more than she hates her baths. Mike had to go over and pull her out, because she couldn't climb out and wouldn't swim to the steps.
Sunday, February 10, 2008
I normally go to class on Friday nights and all day Saturday, so weekends in the Wolfe household have been sucking as of lately. However, yesterday I didn't have class, so Mike suggested that we go out on his aluminum boat. I told him that as long as he was completely prepared by the time I got home from class on Friday, we could go the next day. Well, he was prepared, but I was definitely NOT prepared for the experience of boating with my husband.
The adventure started when we pulled out of our subdivision pulling the boat. As soon as we started going at a respectable speed (not an easy feat for our little ole' truck, which was protesting loudly), one of the boat cushions flew out of the boat. Visions of the lawsuit that would ensue from the exploded windshield from the car behind us quickly faded as the cushion landed without incident. Mike said he would go back for it, but he ended up not having to, because some nice people in a Jimmy stopped and got it for us. Things got even more interesting when we pulled up to the boat ramp and I heard the words that I did NOT want to hear from Mike: "...I've never done this before..."
But the truth some became even more obvious after our fifth attempt to back the trailer into the water properly. By this time, the bystanders had given up on subtlety, and had resorted to either pointing and laughing or cussing at us for taking up the ramp for so long. I think Mike was a little embarrassed, because he wouldn't let me get out of the truck to help. We finally got the boat in the water, and Mike prepared to start the thirty-year old engine that he swore to me would work.
Twelve minutes later, Mike decided to use the trolling motor to putter around the shore for about an hour, the call it a day. It was actually kind of nice. The trolling motor was completely silent, which made for a relaxing, slow ride where we got to really look at our surroundings. I got some pretty good pictures:
Friday, February 08, 2008
Thursday, February 07, 2008
Sophie gets some lovin' from her daddy! Make sure you don't miss the very beginning where Mike is telling her how much her breath stinks.
A video of Morgan so you can see how much she's grown! She loves to "catch" her toys with her paws. I swear she thinks she's a dog!
Wednesday, February 06, 2008
How did you meet your significant other? Answer all the questions
1. Where did you meet? At camp in Leesburg
2. What was the first thought that went through your head when you met? We were playing this game with the Team where you tie a balloon around your ankle and try to pop other people's. I thought about asking him to go ahead and pop my balloon to get it over with (and I did).
3. Do you remember what was he wearing? These blue basketball shorts he still has and a Kappa shirt that is now in rags.
4. Where was the first time you kissed this person? At camp, two years later. On the path that runs from the children's cabins to the pool. He'd been trying to work up the nerve all day and I finally said "just do it already!"
5. How did he/she ask you out? Haha, I love this story. We'd been friends for a year and he took me to the entrance to the Path of Silence (at camp, again). I wanted to stay friends for a little while longer, but he told me to give him a chance until the end of camp, and then we would evaluate and decide if we wanted to stay together. No evaluation was needed.
6. Where did you go for your first date? Sonny's. How romantic :)
7.How long did you know this person before you became a couple? A little more than a year
8. Has this person ever proposed to you? Yep, October 1st 2004
9. Do you and this person have kids together? Not yet
10. Have you ever broken the law with this person? Well I was in the car when he got that speeding ticket a few weeks ago...
11. When was the first time you realized that you liked this person? After we had been friends for a while
12. Do you get along with any of the ex's of your partner? Well one of them was my bridesmaid!
13. Do you trust this person? Yes
14. Do you see your partner in your future? Ummm......let me think about this one....yes :)
15. Whats the most expensive thing this person has given you? The ability to work only when I want to while I'm still in school.
16. What is one thing he/she does that gets on your nerves? I can only pick one thing? lol Well, he eats with a lot of gusto when he really likes something. Too bad I'm such a good cook! :)
17. What is the thing you do that gets on his nerves? Oh man, where do I begin? It probably annoys him that I get annoyed so much.
18. Where do you see each other in 15 years from now? Living in a rural area with lots of animals and kids.
19. Do you have a date together? A date? I guess so.
20. Do you love this person? Mmmmmmmmmmmyes
21. His Birthday: December 8th
22. How long have you been together? 4 and a half years
23. What physical features attracted you to him first? His strength
24. Hair color/style: brown; curly when it gets longer
How serious is it: 'Till death do us part.....
Are you in love? yes
Do your parents like him/Does it matter? Yes they do and yes it matter because I value their opinion. My mom called our relationship first!
Does he let you wear his pants? Sometimes I sleep in his boxers.
Do you have a shirt of his that you sleep with? I sometimes sleep in his old shirts
Do you like the way he smells: Sometimes...
Does he have a temper? Doesn't everyone? It just a matter of how easily it's triggered. I wouldn't say he has a BAD temper.
Are you happy to be with him: Yes :)
Does he embarrass you in public: Occasionally :)
SOME OTHER STUFF
Does he have any piercings? No
Does he have any scars that you know of? Yes lots of cat scratches!
Is he a party dude or stay at home kind of guy? Stay at home
Is he Outgoing or Shy? In between
Does he love your mama? Yes he does!
Would he hang out with you and YOUR friends? We have a lot of the same friends.
Does he sing? Yes
Does he snore? Yes especially when he is sick!