Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Faster than a speeding spitball! Able to scale desks in a single bound!
It's a bird! It's a plane!
No! It's...SUPER SUBSTITUTE!


I had my first job as a substitute teacher today at Tavares Elementary School. It's a little further than I would have liked, but it was that or start doing middle and high school...and I'd much rather drive a little farther than deal with teenage angst.

I thought the day went pretty well. The class was small, but noisy. I had an intern with me, which was very helpful with the classroom procedures. My biggest problem was dealing with kids when they freaked out over the routine not being exactly the same. I was glad to get a job, because the teachers in Lake County are too darn healthy right now and there haven't been many positions available. I even got another job there for next week! Yee-haw!

1 comment:

Dee said...

Congratulations!!!

Don't worry ... flu season will kick in and you'll be plenty busy! I remember those days. ;-)