Wednesday, August 08, 2007

No wordless Wednesday, today, because I am full of words. Our second anniversary was Monday, so I took a few days off from blogging in order to spend more time together. Mike decided to take a day off work (it's great to be the bosses' son-in-law!), so we used our annual passes and went to Silver Springs in Ocala. Boy was it HOT! We did finally get to see the alligator feeding, which Mike has been wanting to see.
Some wedding pictures for your viewing pleasure and reminiscing:

I can't believe it was really two years ago! I can't believe that was before we got Sophie, Brooklyn, or Morgan, before we bought a house, before we experienced the ups and downs of marriage. I can't believe just how little my little cousins look, how skinny I was, and how generous my parents are to have given me such a beautiful day. If it was mine to do all over again, I think I would have done some things differently. I would have made it MUCH smaller, and not allowed myself to be pushed into inviting people I didn't know or care about. I would have probably only had family in the wedding party. If there's one thing I've learned since that day, it's that friends come and go, but family is forever. I wouldn't have cared so much about all the details and allowed myself to enjoy that time. But then again, wedding are such a funny thing; you don't know exactly what you want in a wedding until after it's over! It was a beautiful day, but now I realize more than ever that it was only a celebration of something even more beautiful: the joining of two people in the eyes of God, for better AND for worse, including the days when Mike annoys me or just plain makes me mad as well as the days I don't think I have the energy to make this work. By the grace of God, those days are less common than the days when I wouldn't trade my life for anything in the world. I love you, Mike! Here's to another two great years, and hopefully many more!

3 comments:

Dee said...

Happy anniversary ... may the good ALWAYS outweigh the bad! May you have many, MANY more years of happiness, joy and love.

Melissa said...

Makes me want to get married all over again. Happy anniversary!

Christine said...

Happy Anniversary! Thanks for de-lurking at my blog. :) I loved all the things you said you've learned about marriage and life in the last 2 years. I'm going on 8 (in Sept.) years and am amazed at how married life changes through the years. Blessings!