Thursday, August 16, 2007

How did this....
Turn into this?
I took Brooklyn to the vet yesterday for a physical, and she was so bad they had to sedate her! She was fine in the waiting room, just sat in the carrier, no meowing, no nothing. The tech called us in, and she sat in the carrier and looked around curiously. THEN I tried to take her out of the carrier. Not a good move on my part. I got her halfway out and all the sudden she did this whole-body twist along with a lusty yowl - and back into the carrier she went. So the tech tried, and she got scratched. Ugh. Is this really the same cat that took a nap stretched out on my chest early this morning? So we decided to take apart the carrier, and the tech got a taste of what it's like when our friend Aaron comes over. At that point I was so embarrassed that I signed the release for them to shoot her with happy gas and said, "Hey while you're at it, can you clip her nails?" Twenty minutes and an extra thirty-seven dollars later, I emerged sheepishly from the animal clinic with a loopy cat and a lighter wallet. At least we enjoyed watching the effects of the sedative wear off.
I just pray she isn't teaching my sweet Morgan any of her bad behavior!

1 comment:

Dee said...

There is a look in those eyes that says, "don't MESS. WITH. ME!!!"