Sunday, July 15, 2007

What I've been up to...

My mom taught me how to cross-stitch, and she has made me many beautiful pieces over the years. My parents celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary this past June, and I knew I wanted to make them something for a change. I saw this piece and fell in love with it, hoping I could finish it in time for their anniversary. I love my parents, but I don't know what I was thinking! This is a BIG project, and obviously I didn't finish it in time. BUT - it will be beautiful when it's done. I haven't posted it before for two reasons:

1) It was a surprise up until my parent's anniversary.
2) It's going slower than molasses in July.


Since their anniversary has passed, I've been determined to work harder on the piece so I can finish it sooner rather than later. Here's a picture of the progress I've made in the past two days (look at the bottom):


I've been working on the backstitching, because I was getting discouraged. I felt like I wasn't getting anywhere with this project, because it was a multi-colored blob. But now I think it looks pretty good. But this is still the slowest-going project I've EVER done. And it's going to have to be put on hold temporarily, because I need to get started on a name sampler for a friend who's due in August.

No comments: