Sunday, July 29, 2007


Sunday Cross-Stitch Update

I'm pleased with the progress I've made this week. I had some problems with the rose at the bottom of the wreath coming out right, so now that I've started the second rose I'm being really careful to get it right.
Here's a comparison from last week so you can see my progress:
And a close-up so you can see the detail:
Now it's time to set aside this project for a little while to make a baby name sampler for my friend Sherri's baby. When it's finished, it will be Noah's Ark, but right now it's just a brown blob:
Exciting, isn't it? It's part of the ark, and the thread is "woodrose" by Simply Shaker, hand-dyed. The ark is such a large part of the sampler, I thought it would be nicer to use something variegated. The piece is pretty large, but it should go quickly; it's a simple pattern. Hopefully next week this piece will be more exciting.

2 comments:

Dee said...

Ahhhhh...you have run into the problem we ALL run into... so many projects, so little time.

The anniversary project is beautiful.

Dee said...

You've been nominated as A ROCKIN' GIRL BLOGGER.