Monday, July 09, 2007

Please hold...

I got home today from a wonderful lunch with friends, and my caller ID said I had missed seven phone calls. All of them were from telemarketers. I laid down for a few minutes, because the antibiotics that I'm taking for an unmentionable infection are doing a doozy on my stomach. I lay down...and the phone rings. Telemarketer. I didn't answer. I get up a few minutes later, and the same number calls me again. I decided to pick up the phone and ask them as nicely as possible to take me off their list - even though I was unsure of how nice I could be at that moment. I answered, and this is what I hear:

[computer voice]: Hello!!! I have a call for you!!! Please hold for the next available service representative.

[elevator music]

[computer voice again]: A service representative will be with you in just a moment. We appreciate your patience.

[elevator music]

[guess who?]: You call is the next in line. Please hold.

[elevator music]

[nothing]


[computer voice]: Hello!!! I have a call for you!!! Please hold for the next available service representative.

[elevator music]

[computer voice again]: A service representative will be with you in just a moment. We appreciate your patience.

[scream]


That last part was from me. Now I know why people get rid of their landlines. Unfortunately, Cingular refuses to do anything about the horrible cell reception we get at the house, so that's not an option. And yes, I did get on the National Do Not Call List, but it takes up to 31 days to take effect.

In other news, Miss Kitty ran away. I've been working on taking out the weeds around our pool, and on Wednesday we put down pine bark on the fresh dirt, and the latch on the porch door didn't get pulled in all the way. She must have gotten out overnight. We tried to help her out, but she took fate into her own hands. I hope she does well, wherever she winds up.

The boxes are pretty much taken care of, except for the boxes of decorations. I'm not sure I'll use all of my decorations; most of them are hand-me-downs or garage sale finds. I'd rather not use most of it and wait until I can find stuff I really like. Other than that, it's pretty much been the same ol' same ol'.

2 comments:

Dee said...

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Dave Cook said...

T Mobile makes internet routers that also serve as cell phone towers in your home. They're free if you switch to them. Plus all cell phone calls are free when you're within range of one.

This is what I get for living with a guy who works for T Mobile.