Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Kentucky: More than Just Fried Chicken

My parents and I got back Sunday night from Louisville. Thankfully, it wasn't what I was expecting:











My dad and I drove up Wednesday, went to see my parent's property in Tennessee, and met my mom (who had flown up earlier in the week) and my brother in Kentucky. My brother graduated from Southern Baptist Theological Seminary with a Master of Arts in Worship, so we got to see him graduate:




Dad and I stopped at the Sugarland Visitor Center on the way up, which was one of my favorite places to visit as a child. It has taxidermied animals inside.

My dad. Over his shoulder is the view from what will eventually be the view from his backyard.

Some wildflowers in Tennessee.

Looking from Louisville into Indiana from the top floor of our hotel.

We went to a President's reception in the college President's mansion, which was beautiful. This is my brother in the library, which has over 50,000 volumes, almost all of which the President has read.

My brother and I at a State Park on the Ohio River.

1 comment:

Dee said...

The sunset photo from the hotel is beautiful!