Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Boxes and Doctors

The boxes are slooooooooowly disappearing, and things are returning more and more to a sense of normalcy. We're still LOVING the house! Sometimes I just stand in a room and think, "This is ours!" It's nice to have so much room.

The unpacking process has been slowed a little by my reoccuring sickness. It all started with the smoke and ash in Gainesville before we moved. I tried to stay out of it as much as possible, but I wound up with bronchitis anyway. I also got an ear infection from all the nastiness in my head. So I went to the doctor - a doc-in-the-box place which made me wait 2 hours to be seen, and walked out with antibiotics and an inhaler. A week later, the antibiotics had thoroughly cleaned me out (ugh) and for some reason the inhaler makes me gag and empty the contents of my stomach. Kind of counterproductive, and I'm still not better! So today I made another trip to the doctor (only an hour's wait this time!) and got another round of medicines to try. My main concern is that Mike and I are flying out to Reno for a vacation on Friday, and I've done the whole flying-with-head-congestion thing before, and I don't care to do it again. Hopefully this will work. It's frustrating for me to not be up to full speed.

Morgan also went to the doctor today, and it wasn't a very good visit. She needed some more shots, so we went to a new vet, and everyone in the waiting room was amazed at how calm she was. She slept through all the commotion - what they didn't know was that she had been playing since 5 o'clock this morning! When we finally got in to see the vet (what is it with offices in Leesburg?), they found some bad news: Morgan has a heart murmur. It's not a big one, thankfully, and it could close on its own. If not, she may live a fairly normal life with it...or not. I'm hoping this will take care of itself, because even though we haven't had her very long, she is truly my baby. They want to see her again in a few weeks, so we'll know more then. Until then, please be in prayer for my kitten.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus
-Philippians 4:6-7

1 comment:

Dee said...

Hope you are feeling better soon.