Thursday, April 26, 2007

Done With School, Dad Update, and Kitty Pictures!

It's not official yet, but I am DONE with school! The knot in my stomach is slowly unraveling. Sometimes it seemed more like a curse than a blessing, but I am very grateful that I had the opportunity to make a better life for myself by getting an education. Especially now that it's over.

Dad came through the surgery just fine; it was an outpatient-type thing, although he was under general anesthesia. It's amazing what they do outpatient nowadays. He'll be on crutches for a few days, then he'll be up an hobbling around.

The kittens are doing well. Stripes and Furever are eating solid food from a bowl, but Star is still stubbornly eating from a bottle. She'll have to figure it out soon, because she chewed the nipple off the bottle again today, and I'm not going back out to the Humane Society again to get another one. She showed interest in the bowl for the first time today, so that's progress. She gets so frustrated with the bottle, but the Humane Society said it's normal to bottle feed up to 8 weeks, which is still 2 weeks away.


Here you can see the collars I made for them. And don't worry, they have a small stretchy part so they can slip out of them if they get them caught on something.

Check out this video of Star. She has a smoker's voice!! She may be a pretty kitty, but her voice certainly is not! That's me at then end when another one of the kittens bit my finger.




House Update
I've been asked what's going on with the house hunting, which made me realize that it's been awhile since I've updated on that. We became really interested in a 1900s-era house with beautiful wood flooring, but the more we looked into it, the more we realized how much work the house would be and how much money we'd have to put into it. Things you don't see at first look, like the fact that there was no insulation in the walls and the roof would need replacing soon. So we started looking again, and we found out that the house that was right next to the original one we liked (the one with the bright blue bathroom) was up for sale. It had everything we were looking for, plus the neighborhood/location we really liked, so we put an offer on it. Right now, we're finalizing everything with the bank, and barring anything unforseen, we should be the owners of a house in a few weeks! I'll wait to put up pictures until it's definite, but we are very excited.

Now it's off to my food blog to catch up on my backlog of pictures!

1 comment:

Dee said...

Wow! Star has quite a voice!

Good luck on the house and congrats to you AND Mike on your upcoming graduations.

P.S. Looks like I'll have one back in school come January. He's thinking Rollins. Cross your fingers that he gets accepted.