Saturday, March 17, 2007

Mike and I got back this afternoon from a visit to my parents in Clermont. We went house hunting and Mike worked with my dad a little. I know you're dying to know, so I'll go ahead and tell you that we found a house we're really interested in. I'm trying not to get too attached, but this house is awesome! I'll save more details for later, but this looks promising. One more tantilizing tidbit: the floors...ohmydang the FLOORS!

Saturn the cat is slowly doing better. Before we left on Wednesday he let me take him out and pet him for a few minutes, then darted back under the bed. While we were gone I had the kids I babysit for come over to check on the cats and they didn't see him. I saw a pair of eyes under the part of the bed I can't get to, and I'm waiting for him to get hungry and come out. Here is another picture I managed to get of him and Brooke cavorting. You can kinda see him tail; it looks as if it got partly taken off and kinked in the process. I hate to think of this poor kitty's past!

Mike and I are finishing Spring Break, and although it wasn't much of a break, it was productive and it was nice to not have to worry about class. I substituted at Baby Gator two days, and I enjoyed it and learned a lot. Volunteering there has been immensely good for me, I've learned so much about teaching that I can take with me wherever I end up. It's also given me the confidence that I can actually do this someday! The thought of me against 20 or more kids kinda scared me, even though I did it when I was a camp counselor. That was different - parents were entrusting me to keep the kids from killing themselves, not trusting me with their kid's scholastic future!!

We're gearing up for the final stretch of school! We're ready, too. We know the future will have its problems, but we're glad to be together. We'll be even more glad when we have a house we can be together in!

No comments: