Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas Pictures!

Mike and I had a great Christmas! It was wonderful to see both families. On the day before Christmas Eve, Mike, Sophie and I headed to St. Augustine to see Mike's family.


Sophie enjoying the view on the way to St. Augustine



Mike's dad, Clyde (aka "Good Ol' Dad") modeling his Christmas present, a Land's End anorak with some very special monogramming:




In the Casa Monica Hotel



Is this not the most ridiculous thing you've ever seen? We saw these dogs on St. George Street.



Oma, Phyllis, Kathleen and I *trying* to make a Gingerbread house. We ended up just eating the pieces!



We went to church in the morning with Mike's family, then headed to Clermont in time to go to the Christmas Eve service with my family:


With Keri (who was in my wedding party) before the service. Keri sang, my brother David, who was visiting from Kentucky, sang and played the guitar, and my dad sang and played bass.




Sophie opening her stocking on Christmas morning.




Mommy dearest with her present from the Wolfes



Mike with his main Christmas gift from me, a guitar pedal.



We usually bury my brother in all the wrapping paper, but this year we put a bone in the bottom of the pile and let her tear it all apart. It made for a very good show!




Once the whole family got to my parent's house, we did our annual Christmas gift exchange. My Grandma Lynda started doing this several years ago, and it quickly became a tradition. We do it "white elephant style," but after the exchange ends everyone barters for things they want. We always have a blast!



David with my Grandma B. opening his selection.




Uncle Jerry wound up with a gift that, er, wasn't exactly his style. He traded with me and my cousins until he was happy, though.






Rachel and April modeling their new clothes.




WHEN did this girl grow up?!?





We really had a great Christmas. It was good for my soul to be with my family for a few days without the worries of school. I especially enjoyed seeing my brother, since I hadn't seen him since last Christmas. I'm determined to get up to Kentucky for his graduation, however. We'll see!!

1 comment:

Dee said...

Loved seeing your Christmas pictures. Did Sophie find her bone?

Glad you had a good Christmas. Happy New Year (just a little bit early.)