Saturday, November 04, 2006

Faith without works is about as useless as a screen door on a submarine...




Speaking of screen doors, Brooklyn is glad that the weather is once again nice enough to have ours open.
This morning our friends Ken and Sherri gave us their loveseat to make room for their new furniture, and we're loving it! It's just big enough to fit into our living room and give us some extra seating. I finally feel like we can have some people over and have them be comfortable. Other than that, this week has been really busy, but full of fun things, too. For Halloween we went to our church to help set up and run the "Hallelujah Night." Our children's director has a 7-week old baby, and I got to hold him for awhile while she ran around getting things together. He was soooo cute! He's a very mellow baby (why is it that the energetic mothers get the calm babies?) and he has the most beautiful brown skin and a full head of curly hair. I was glad to get my baby fix! Once the carnival started, Mike and I ran the snack booth, and I'm officially an expert snow-cone maker. By the end I was doing double-flavored cones like a pro! It was fun to see all the cute kids in their costumes. I was in Walgreens yesterday and they were already putting out Christmas stuff! Whatever happened to Thanksgiving?!?

2 comments:

Dawna said...

I hope that you don't mind me commenting on your blog page. I actually came to check out your moist chocolate cake that you had listed in the recipe exchange post at ThatHomeSite.com. I then noticed your puppy and started reading through your blogs. I absolutely loved your Halloween costumes - very creative!

Have a great day!

Jacki said...

I don't mind at all! Please visit again soon!