Monday, October 09, 2006

Could it be?

It seems that winter is finally beginning to make an appearance here in Gainesville. It's almost unsettling to me, I think because summer lasted so long that I began to believe that it would be hot until eternity. I wore a sweater to class today, and it was nice.

Funny story

We keep the cat's food in the hall closet so the dog won't get to it. Mike took out the four bottom slats on the closet door, and Brooke immediately caught on. Apparently, so did Sophie. Mike and I got home a few weeks ago and heard the dog whining. I thought she had gotten shut in the bedroom, and as I was hurrying to let her out, something from the hall closet sniffed my ankle. There was Sophie's head, looking out at me from inside the hall closet! Ladies and gentlemen, I have never seen a live birth, but after seeing her squeeze herself out of that tiny space, I have a pretty good idea of what it's like. Imagine this, only more so:And yes, she ate every bit of the cat food in Brooklyn's bowl. Mike replaced one of the slats, so hopefully Sophie won't get in there again. It makes for a great story, though!

No comments: