Sunday, July 30, 2006
Friday, July 28, 2006
Thursday, July 27, 2006
So Mike and I had lifegroup last night, and it was at Ben and Danielle's house. After the Bible study, I was walking around with Danielle looking at all the wedding pictures in the house, and I noticed that her wedding dress had a lace-up back, just like mine. I asked her who made her dress, and she says, "I have it right here, it's a Maggie Sottero," and she pulls open the closet, and wouldn't you believe it....she has the same dress as me!!! It's a small world! Hers had white sequins instead of blue, though. I guess that means we both have impeccable taste!
Monday, July 24, 2006
Sunday, July 16, 2006
When we first got Sophie, I spent 20 friggin' dollars on a nice doggie bed for her, and does she use it? Never. No, she prefers a much a much bigger bed: our Corda-Roys beanbag chair. She is so funny when she gets on it because she'll hop on it until the middle is practically a cave, then curl up in the fetal position and snore.Friday my mom came to visit me. We went to a quilt shop and a cross-stitch shop in Trenton. The quilt shop was big and had lots of stuff, my mom bought a book on handbag making and some fabric. I don't quilt, so nothing for me. They have a cafe in the shop, where we had salads and split a piece of a delicious chocolate cake. We couldn't finish it between the two of us! The we walked to the cross-stitch shop, where I got a Gators pattern to make for Mike when he graduates. That evening Mike and I went to Fanning Springs to visit Aaron Doll and his family, where we had a wonderful meal. The Dolls are really fun to hang out with. Aaron's sister Sarah is on the color guard team at her high school, so we talked flag for a while. This weekend was spent mostly catching up on schoolwork, how fun! I hope all is well with all ya'll!
Thursday, July 13, 2006
- "Down South" means Key West
- "Panhandling" means going to Pensacola.
- You think no-one over 70 should be allowed to drive.
- FLIP-FLOPS ARE EVERYDAY WEAR!!!Shoes are for business meetings and church.
- No, wait, flip flops are good for church too, unless it's Easter orChristmas.
- Sweet tea can be served at any meal.
- An alligator once walked through your neighborhood.
- You smirk when a game show's "Grand Prize" is a trip or cruise to Florida.
- You have a drawer full of bathing suits, and one sweatshirt.
- You get annoyed at the tourists who feed seagulls.
- All the local festivals are named after a fruit.
- A mountain is any hill 100 feet above sea level.
- You know the four seasons really are: almost summer, summer,not summer but really hot, and Christmas.
- It's not soda, cola, or pop...it's coke, regardless of brand or flavor, "What kinda coke you want?"
- Anything under 95 is just warm.
- You've hosted a hurricane party.
- You go to a theme park for an afternoon, and know when to get on the best rides.
- You understand the futility of exterminating cockroaches.
- You can pronounce Okeechobee, Kissimmee and Withlacoochee.
- You understand why it's better to have a friend with a boat, than have a boat yourself.
- You were 8 before you realized they made houses without pools.
- You were 12 when you first met someone who couldn't swim.
- You get angry when people say "Florida isn't really part of the SOUTH"
- You've worn shorts and used the A/C on Christmas. **
- You recognize Miami-Dade as " Northern Cuba"
**...or gone waterskiing on Christmas day
Sunday, July 09, 2006
This picture would be cool if it weren't so WEIRD! I got this from the Astronomy Picture of the Day Archive. I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto...
p.s. for another really cool nature-y thing, go to the BBC website for a free screensaver. It's got cool nature facts on it which I think kids or adults would really enjoy.
Friday, July 07, 2006
Thursday, July 06, 2006
Can you believe how big she's gotten? Brooklyn is 3 months old now, and is finally starting to (gradually) grow out of that clumsy teenager stage. I think she'll be a big girl, but not toooo big. We're pretty sure she's part Siamese, because her ears are very wide at the base and she is very vocal. She LOVES the kitty condo Mike built for her. She likes to sit on the top of it and survey her domain, chirping her heart out.
Planning her attack...she jumped at the camera right after I snapped this picture.
Tuesday, July 04, 2006
This is Howie the guinea pig. He is staying with us while my mom and dad are visiting their property in Tennessee. He’s as cute as a button and has personality to boot! I take him out at night before bed and he sits in my lap, wewewewewe-ing to his heart’s content and head-butting my fingers when I touch his head. The only problem with this boy is that he’s a carrot fiend, and my stash of baby carrots is fast diminishing! Mom, you owe me a bag! :-)