Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Hey guys,

This weekend I went on a shopping trip with three other girls from my lifegroup, which is a small group of young married couples through the church. It was so...much...fun!!! Every day I thank God for my new friends; I've forgotten how good it is to fellowship with believers. I can relate to these girls, which is something I haven't had in a long time. Anywho, we went to the outlet mall in St. Pete, which is HUGE, then we stayed at a condo that belongs to one of the girls' parents. I got some good "teacher" clothes, and some really comfy but still nice sandals. I also got a couple of things for Mike and the house. The only thing that was kind of weird was the rest of the girls all want to have kids soon, so they were all talking about how to get pregnant, prenatal vitamins, and on and on and on...I'm not quite there yet!

When I got home from the trip on Sunday, I got a call from my dad saying that his father (my grandfather) went in the hospital on Friday. He had a mild heart attack and was going to have an angioplasty on Monday and see if he needed further treatment. Well, he had the procedure and it turns out he has at least three, maybe more, major blockages in his heart and is being transferred to a hospital in Hudson (near Tampa) to have bypass surgery today (Tuesday). My feeling about all this is that it could have been a lot better, but it could have been a lot worse. The heart attack he had was mild, he was having pain in his arms and my grandmother decided to call their doctor, who said, "Get to the hospital, NOW!" But if this hadn't happened, we wouldn't have known about the blockages, and he would have eventually have had a major heart attack, probably a fatal one. So we're all counting our blessings and praying for the best, and I hope you will do the same.

-Jacki