Friday, March 10, 2006

Hello to all,

Just when you guys were beginning to think that I was going to be one of those once-a-month-updaters, I decided to write a new post and let you all know how I'm doing. These past few weeks have been very very busy. I have had the pleasure of studying twice as hard for a test and doing twice as bad, and let me tell ya, that's no fun. The first test we had in this class (Behavioral Psychology) was the Monday after we had all the apartment flooding problems, so I was expecting to do mediocre on it, which I did. I resolved to do better on the second test and studied according to what I thought was a good plan. Unfortunately, my teacher does not agree. So that was fun. It's even more fun thinking about how much MORE time I'm going to have to devote to this class to do well. Such are the woes of the University of Florida.

In other news, Mike came down with the flu on Tuesday. He was feeling crummy all weekend and then he woke up with a fever Tuesday. He felt pretty bad at first, but they got him on Tamiflu and I guess that stuff works because he's been sort of "blah" all week, but much better than he was.

And now I would like to share with you another interesting blog I have found. It's called Vegan Lunch Box, and it's run by a vegan stay-at-home mom. Every day she posts what she packed for her elementary-aged son. While I'm not vegan or even remotely vegetarian, it's very interesting to see what she comes up with.

Random fact for the day
In closing, I would like to share with you all something that I came across that was very interesting. So read this and then go drink a nice big glass of water! Wolfe out.


Interesting Water Facts

  • 75% of Americans, and most of the world population,are chronically dehydrated.
  • In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
  • Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolismas much as 3%.
  • One glass of water shuts down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of dieters
  • Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
  • Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
  • A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
  • Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

1 comment:

Dave Cook said...

Ahem, there is nothing wrong with once-a-month posting.

Sorry to hear my new brother is sick. Give him some water. And a vegan lunchbox.