Sunday, February 05, 2006

SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY!

Happy Super Bowl everybody. Even though I don't care much about the Steelers or the Seahawks (or pro football, for that matter), Mike is making ribs, so that's reason to celebrate. At least the commercials will be interesting.

Update
In addition to having problems with the apartment flooding, the toilet has decided to go haywire on us. I'll spare you all the details, but we've had this problem since Friday, it's been further complicated by the fact that whenever a maintenance guy comes to look at the problem, they let me tell them what's happening for about 2 seconds before they interrupt me. So they never actually knew what was going on and yesterday I had some choice words for the emergency maintenance operator on the phone as I was standing in the bathroom holding a lever in the toilet to prevent it from shooting sewage at me. This has been extremely stressful for Mike and I both, but when we were praying over dinner last night I got the feeling like everything would work out. Funny how prayer does that.


Happy Birthday, Aaron
Today is also my good friend Aaron Doll's 21st birthday. He will be celebrating the evening by having a few friends over to play a quiet game of chess, so if you know him, give him a call. Happy Birthday, man.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for a working toilet again! And a dry carpet!!!