Saturday, February 25, 2006

Stick it to 'em!!

This story made me smile, and I wanted to share it with you all. It's about a little town that came up with a creative way to stick it to a bunch of low-lifes who take advantage of a families' pain in order to get a little publicity.
Can you tell I have strong feelings about this? In case you haven't heard, there is a 76-year old preacher from Kansas who believes that America is doomed because of our views on homosexuality. So he and his parish have taken to protesting at funerals with signs that I will choose not to quote just in case my cousins read this. They were at Mr. Roger's funeral, and Coretta Scott Kings'. But now they are protesting the war overseas by doing the same thing at the funerals of fallen soldiers. How...how...NON-CHRISTLIKE! I seriously doubt Jesus would hold up a sign that says "Thank god for IEDs" and thus contribute even more to the pain the family of the fallen soldier is feeling. Here's the story if you want to read it:
http://www.claremoreprogress.com/archive/article22505

If you want to read more about this topic, here are some other links I've found:
First Amendment.org
Kansas City Star

If a bill like this ever gets proposed in Florida, I will be writing to our congressmen in support of it. What these people are doing is just wrong. Regardless of my feelings about homesexuality OR the war, it's never ok to use someone else's grief to push your own personal agenda.

-Jacki

No comments: